Saturday, April 16, 2005

Soldier calls Iraq War 'stupid'

Letter printed in the April 16th Stars & Stripes:

I swore to preserve freedom, but what they left out was to preserve freedom of other countries. Iraq had nothing to do with Sept. 11. I understand fighting for freedom when it’s necessary, and Afghanistan was necessary, but not Iraq.

...this mission is complete crap....It’s stupid and we’re risking other soldiers’ lives. For what? Iraqi liberation? Weapons of mass destruction? Neither one of those has been even close to being found.

Pfc. Bradley Robb
Camp Striker, Iraq

Hat tip to The Raw Story.

3 Comments:

At 4/16/2005 03:36:00 PM, Blogger The Author said...

But freedom isn't free! That's why we're invading Sudan! No, wait....

 
At 4/16/2005 08:26:00 PM, Blogger Schroeder said...

If only they had some oil, then you could bet we'd put some freedom on those Darfur Sudanese.

 
At 4/18/2005 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why'd you join? You're owned by the Gov. when you do. Did you not read the fine print?
Read your comment at Carla's....and I DO speak with soldiers every single day. Spend ALLOT of time with them, actually...they're my bag....or as Greg put it I'm "a MIL WHORE"....so's I dunno, I've heard dissent but it ain't the norm in my circles. Sorry you made a bad choice for your self. Most soldiers I know are selfless....I don't really know what to say to you because I know nothing about you 'cept what I read here or your comment on another blog.

My life ain't on the front line, so I can only speak of what I know and have been told by hundreds of my MIL peeps....I've never once in my life, in ALL my vast 'sperience with soldiers, etc....... EVER heard one complain.
Is all I know.
Sorry again that you made a bad choice with your life, but I'm greatful for your sacrifice.
SK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home