Monday, August 15, 2005

Monday morning blue collar blues

In France, Germany, and Japan, corporate executives receive 11-15 times more in pay than the average worker. Think that's enough?

Here's a graphical representation of what the disparity is in the United States (via PBS' Now, from The Economist):


Say you make $40,000/year - times 475 equals $19 million/year. That should just about cover the home in exurbia, a beach house, summer cottage, vacation ranch, a yacht, luxury car collection, aaahhh...I don't know, what else do you do with $19 million a year?

Sadly, lots of people think that even that much isn't enough money.

One word: obscene!

5 Comments:

At 8/15/2005 12:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And its all lining the pockets of the fucking crooked politicians. God Bless 'merica.

::wink:: Oh and thanks for stopping by. I'll be back.

 
At 8/15/2005 12:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obscenity it is.

Mixter

 
At 8/15/2005 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Huck said...

Great blog! Never knew we shared so much in common. I've got another site (it's been inactive for some time, but I hope to get it going again) on Social Justice. It's Maryknoll affiliated and grounded in New Orleans. (http://nosojunet.blogspot.com). I'll be visiting your site often.

 
At 8/15/2005 04:11:00 PM, Blogger Schroeder said...

ms bees knees - nice to see you here. BTW, rooked politician is redundant. Thanks.

Mixter - it's probably safe to say you're not typing your remarks from your villa on the Riviera?

Jimmy - Nice to hear from you! I've added the Maryknoll blog to the blogroll. Thanks.

 
At 8/15/2005 09:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. My villa on the Riviera. Either that or my office in an old building in Milwaukee's Menomonee Valley. One of the two.

Of course, now I'm in my palatial estate in beautiful East Troy. FOUR whole bedrooms! Only one bathroom. I know... it's disgusting to be so obscenely wealthy.

Mixter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home