Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Beauty in destruction



I've added a couple of interesting links to the Hurricane Katrina sidebar.

First, I found a couple of interesting streaming audio links:

1) Daniel Zwerdling's American Radio Works 2002 broadcast on the hurricane threat to New Orleans and how wetland loss has contributed to the risk of devastation. If I'm not mistaken, this was broadcast, or repeated, on PBS' Now.

2) Monroe, Louisiana's KEDM reading of Mike Tidwell's, Bayou Farewell: The Rich Life and Tragic Death of Louisiana's Cajun Coast, along with a lecture he delivered at the University of Louisiana - Monroe.

Finally:

3) As I find time to verify Gulf Coast bloggers who are writing posts about Hurricane Katrina, I'll add them to the Katrina blogroll. With thanks to fellow WTUL dj and New Orleans blogger, the_velvet_rut, I recommend the Operation Eden photo blog. Among my favorite photos are the one above, and below.

1 Comments:

At 9/30/2005 05:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That second photo is heart-wrenching...

Mixter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home