Wednesday, December 28, 2005

People are hurting

The Times-Picayune:

Filmmaker Stevenson J. Palfi, best known for the award-winning documentary "Piano Players Rarely Ever Play Together," is dead at the age of 53.

Palfi shot himself Dec. 14 at his home, his family told The Times-Picayune. Relatives said Hurricane Katrina had destroyed or severely damaged almost all of his property and possessions, and he was severely depressed.

I know depression, but I've never lost hope. Life is too precious to give up. I can't imagine the depths of grief and hopelessness which has overwhelmed those who have in recent months taken their own lives, but because I can identify with their grief, I mourn their passing as one would a brother or sister.

We need help! We need hope! We need it now!

1 Comments:

At 12/29/2005 06:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard to have hope when your government won't help.

Mixter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home