Saturday, April 29, 2006

Are you out of your mind?

Lynne Jensen has a nice touch with this Eddie Bo story in The Times-Picayune:

"You've got to be out of your mind if you can't feel it, because people around the world feel it," Bo said.

"It's hard to play with other musicians when you are away from home," Bo said. "I mean they study; they have the art down to a science. But there's something here you can't explain. I've been trying to figure it out and I can't. And people ask and I tell them as well as I can that there is something here in New Orleans that just flows."

It's that energy that will draw musicians chased away by Hurricane Katrina back to the city, Bo said.

"Wherever you go, you're going to always want to come back to this feeling."

2 Comments:

At 4/29/2006 04:47:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Clio said...

Thanks, sir. I missed this in the T-P. This is beautiful.

 
At 4/30/2006 05:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Spirit of the Crescent City. The groove that flows. Thanks for the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home