American soldiers killed in Iraq now number 2500
"It's a number," White House press secretary Tony Snow told reporters at the White House.
Well it wouldn't hurt then to point out a few more "numbers":
- 18,490 American soldiers wounded in Iraq.
- 4,800 Iraqi police and security forces killed.
- At least 30,000 Iraqi civilians killed, and probably tens of thousands more.
- Over $288 billion nominally spent on the war in Iraq. The total spent will go into the trillions after equipment is replaced and lifelong veteran's benefits are paid.
- With the passage of a new "emergency" spending bill, the nominal amount spent in Iraq will rise to $320 billion.