Monday, December 19, 2005

As sad as anything that happened on 9-11

The Times-Picayune:

"I pulled her up onto the steps. Suddenly, she said quietly, but with determination, 'I give up.' Then she pitched forward into the water." ...

"Mother had a special wish for her ashes," Judith Martin said. "She wanted me to use them with potting soil to plant a favorite type of rose bush -- Queen Elisabeth -- in a giant flower pot in the garden.

"When I first returned home on Oct. 26, I found a giant flower pot in the yard. It had floated in from a neighbor's front yard half a block away. Somehow, I think it was meant as a message to me, to keep my promise about the rose bush and the flower pot."

So why can't we get the president to say, "Never again!" Why can't New Orleans get the same attention that New York City did after 9-11? Is it because it's easier to fight a foreign enemy than the enemy within -- the enemy of negligence and incompetence?

1 Comments:

At 12/20/2005 01:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, keep on writing. It's the only thing we can do, in the hopes that someone with power will finally pay attention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home