Help clear Ms. Regina's yard
I was going to send a message to all the local contacts I have to help clear Ms. Regina's yard, but I haven't had time to assemble a mailing list. For now, just to keep this in play and get it done, I'll post here what I'm thinking:
- I'd personally like to do it on Saturday, but I'm not available until about 11:00 Saturday morning -- which is not to say that I have to be there when the work starts.
- Karen suggested Sunday, and I would be fine with that, but that's my birthday and I might make other plans for Sunday afternoon -- which leaves Sunday morning when, of course, many people will be in church.
- It might be better for everyone to agree on a time they want to do it, and I'll stay out of the those discussions, since I don't want to be the one to get in other people's way.
- Sheik said this would be a heck of a lot easier than removing the insides of the house. He's willing to help with the lot clearing.
- I talked to one of Ms. Regina's neighbors, Wendell Bloodworth. Check this out people: Wendell is singlehandedly responsible for keeping all of the public greens in the neighborhood cut, and he also keeps the lawns cut for a number of neighbors -- voluntarily! He offered to do Ms. Regina's lot as well, but I think most everyone would agree that it isn't fair to unload that responsibility onto someone else -- at least not the initial clearing.
- Tools -- people would have to bring tools: machetes, chain saws, strong weedwackers.
Respond to the above, and I'll assemble a list from those responses (and previous offers of assistance). Then I'll take the discussion offline to an email list.