Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pain perdu

U.S. Marshalls last week captured an escaped child rapist who was found hiding amidst Katrina contract workers. I've said it before. I don't mean to create hysteria, but we need to be aware of the additional danger that we may be exposing ourselves to, and our children to, when we allow contractors into the city who pay cash and don't investigate the backgrounds of the people they hire. It's the perfect place for violent criminals to hide out. Any wonder why drug activity is up? Have you been seeing, as have I, the open deals on the street. There's little fear of the criminal justice system.

I'll say once again, the negligent incompetence of the poseur who calls himself "sheriff," Marlin Gusman -- the right hand that washed Marc Morial's filthy left -- needs to be investigated and recalled. Despite his own claims of bravery, wading into floodwaters to perform rescues, his own deputies are saying, "that man didn't touch the water."

Related:

Shreveport Times -- Emily Metzgar, "Orleans Parish Jail fiasco begs for investigation"

Tags: | | | |  |  |  |  |  | 

2 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 10:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we talk about creating a crime map again? I know I left a message in your comments somewhere, but I've not been able to follow up on your response. If you have a link to that dialog, I'll pick it up there, or here.

 
At 8/17/2006 07:57:00 PM, Blogger Schroeder said...

Bryan -- if I understand you correctly, you want to hyperlink a word(s) in your text?

If that's what you're talking about, it's easiest to use the hyperlink tool in the blogger compose window.

It's the third tool from the left -- looks like a globe with a chain link on top of it.

Or, if you want to risk it, this is what that tool actually does, and you can just type this out ... for example, this is what a hyperlink to your latest post would look like:

Precious Moments

Type (or paste) a text string, highlight it, click the hyperlink tool, and paste in the URL.

I can't really show you what the html looks like, but you could look at the page source. Otherwise, I'd direct you to a resource like htmlgoodies.

You'll have to read that in order to drop links into comments like I'm doing here, because you have to manually create them. The tool isn't available.

Hope that helps. If not, or if you were asking something else, let me know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home