Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Listen to Willie Fontenot segment

This is the special broadcast of People Get Ready that aired on WTUL this past Sunday.

It's not NPR (or my favorite, WPR), but since NPR didn't cover the story, this will have to do.

At just under an hour in length, the file size is 13 MB (mono 32 kbs mp3). I didn't think I could compress the file any more without losing quality.

Download or listen to it here.

Let me know if you have any problems with the file, or if you have any questions.

For more information, here are my previous posts on this issue:

Willie Fontenot forced to retire

Willie Fontenot contacts


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



2 Comments:

At 5/18/2005 01:21:00 PM, Blogger The Author said...

Thanks for that. I saw your previous post about the segment (or another segment), which I missed. And of course I missed Fontenot speaking at Loyola. For the record, though the list of speakers and bands I have missed is long and filled with illustrious names, I did manage to catch Cake and Margaret Cho at McAlister. So there's that. I apologize for the general irrelevancy of this comment.

 
At 5/18/2005 02:11:00 PM, Blogger Schroeder said...

I don't head out to see music much myself anymore. It's really got to be something worthwhile to pay admission and deal with the late hours most performances run. The best thing I missed recently, because it was sold out, was Interpol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home