Tuesday, July 12, 2005

We're Not Afraid!



What a brilliant campaign! And so refreshingly different from the stupidity of Bush - the only answer is global war - the black and white "us or with the terrorists" view of the world - the inability to grasp a longer view of history and a more complete understanding of how to execute American ideals.

In the "We're Not Afraid" campaign, the British example to the world is courageous and inspiring - revealing the great individual creative energy that democracy can cultivate. How to deal with the terrorist bombing in London? Get the bastards, yes! But don't strike out in anger at all the nations of the world, simultaneously, without a strategy, without the resources, without a vision for how to finish the job, insulting, maiming, and killing innocents everywhere, in turn creating thousands, or millions, more enemies.

Prime Minister Tony Blair (notwithstanding the unforgiveable act of collaborating in the illegal war against Iraq), has somewhat redeemed himself, at least in my eyes, for correctly viewing the appropriate response to the terrorist attack as primarily a law enforcement investigation and prosecution.

Meanwhile, in the same NY Times article that highlighted the "We're Not Afraid" campaign, the "Sorry Everybody" web site was featured, in which Americans apologize to the world for George W. Bush's re-election.


6 Comments:

At 7/12/2005 01:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the "Sorry Everybody" ensemble. Go ahead. Try to find me!

Mixter

 
At 7/12/2005 04:02:00 PM, Blogger Schroeder said...

Uh...is this you?

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/gallery/single/se353.jpg/

 
At 7/12/2005 07:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I see is a little red X. Although I've felt like that before, I gotta say that's not me.

Mixter

 
At 7/12/2005 08:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took a while, but I found me!

Mixter

 
At 7/12/2005 08:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, ha ha! I finally could see the picture. That's they way I felt November 3rd, 2004!

Mixter

 
At 7/13/2005 07:58:00 AM, Blogger Schroeder said...

Hey...that's pretty funny! Nice job. I have to say, myself, I felt more like the kid crying diaper full (if you know what I mean).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home