Monday, January 30, 2006

MITCH THROWS HIS HAT IN THE RING FOR MAYOR!!!

Where do I sign up? The Times-Picayune story is here.

We've all been promoting his candidacy -- now we have to do what it takes not just make sure he wins, but to make sure he wins on a platform we all agree is the right one to rebuild all of New Orleans.

I've never lived in New Orleans when an honest, competent mayor was running the city -- that's three mayors I'm talking about, and no, I don't think Nagin is competent. I think he's mediocre at best -- a nice guy I'd enjoy hanging around with eating crawfish and drinking Abita Restoration Ales with -- but he's not the mayor for me.

Oh, so Ron Forman might not run because he likes his sweet little half-mil-a-year job and it's so low stress? Considering his ridiculous salary and his capital improvements which require destroying precious rainforest habitats for many of the animals housed in the Audobon Zoo, I guess you could say Ron's politically green, but we're not talking about the same kind of green James Audobon would be talking about.

1 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 07:14:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanx for stopping by my iTechSpeak blog.

I found your blog very informative, inciteful with wide ranging coverage of the government's folly.

This never should have happened to New Orleans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home