Friday, May 12, 2006

Remembering Louis Rukeyser

Depraved Librarian has a dedication to Louis Rukeyser, celebrating his plain-talking presentation of stock market and economic matters, doing for the dismal science what Julia Child did for the kitchen.

Rukeyser recently passed away.

I remember having to watch Rukeyser's Wall Street Week on PBS for a high school economics class. We learned about the stock market, and then had a contest to see who could earn the most on the stock market with a hypothetical pool of money (I sucked).

I'll miss that dry delivery, crooked smile, and campy sense of humor.

Thanks Louis, and thank you PBS for your vision in providing a program of this type years before cable came up with the idea.

On the Web: Rukeyser.com

2 Comments:

At 5/12/2006 04:41:00 PM, Blogger TravelingMermaid said...

Great post. My husband and I learned so much from this man after watching him every week for - who knows? - twenty plus years. He had a rare talent for making business news and the stock market interesting and accessable. I have missed him the last couple of years during his illness and am saddened by his passing.

 
At 5/15/2006 08:39:00 AM, Blogger Schroeder said...

Hey there. Yeah -- what a great guy. Thanks for sharing your interest. I think he won a lot of fans over the years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home