Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tell us what to do

Not happy about the lack of direction Nagin and Landrieu are providing, and the lack of specific plans in their rhetoric?

Neither is Dennis Persica. His opinion in the Thursday Times-Picayune sounded like any one of us ranting local bloggers:

OK, Mitch and Ray, here's the deal. Right about now, you're probably thinking like the new car salesman who's ready to move in for the kill and pop the ultimate question: "What do I have to do to put you in a new car today?"

You're not selling cars, of course, you're selling yourselves. But you're probably ready to ask me what you need to do to sew up my vote. All right, then, here it is.

Tell me what to do.

Seriously. Tell Me What To Freakin' Do. ...

While we live in an age that celebrates the non-politician -- the plain-speaking, straight-shooting guy who's not part of politics as usual -- nobody seems willing to say something straight and simple.

You could tell us, "No, you shouldn't go back. We don't have the tax base or the infrastructure or the police manpower to support you returning to your home and living there safely." Or you could tell us, "Go back and we will promise you the resources of the city government and any state, federal or private resources we can muster to make sure that you are living in a safe neighborhood with modern public services."

Tell me one of those things. Tell me what to do, plain and straight, and then we can talk about my vote.

1 Comments:

At 5/07/2006 07:15:00 PM, Blogger Schroeder said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home