Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Blanco's grits and grillades

The Advocate published Louisiana State Treasurer John Kennedy's recommended cuts to the $31 million (or variously reported as $33 million) of pork in the state budget.

Kennedy would cut $9,201,250 from 201 projects.

Curiously, Kennedy didn't include former Councilwoman Renee Gill Pratt's current employer, Care Unlimited, which was budgeted to receive $300,000.

He did recommend cutting the Treme Community Education Program grant, budgeted $250,000, which I noted in an earlier post had some ethical problems about automobile leases in the late 90's.

So far, there's no word on what Governor Kathleen Blanco may or may not have vetoed. She was last quoted saying "The buck stops with me!" She needs to sign the budget today.

I look forward to hearing her justify doubling state expenditures to "local entities."

She won't soon live this down, and it'll haunt her if she decides to run for governor again.

Som'un gets some grits. We gonna' fry up some grillades.

Tags:  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  | 

2 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 10:37:00 PM, Blogger oyster said...

You're making me hungry.

Recently I had some really good grillades and grits at a FQ place named "Eat". It was my first time there, and they did a great job with the g @ g.

 
At 7/12/2006 05:19:00 AM, Blogger Schroeder said...

Well that sounds interesting -- I love finding new breakfast places -- well, I'll love it again now that I'm single again. "The ex" never cared much for discovering breakfast places.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home