Ray is leading a housegutting for Gentilly blogger, Morwen.
We will start on Morwen's house this Sunday, 9/17, at 9:00am. The address is 2918 Annette St:
This is the crew for this week:
Morwen Madrigal Ray Shea Oyster Maitri Maitri's friend, Julie Karen Coffeebeans Cade Roux Rick Schroeder maybe a few AWK folks
I went over there this afternoon to look around inside. It's a 1 story house, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, wall to wall carpet, with a separate 2-story apartment which is very small. The house is on piers, about 3 steps up from the ground.
The good news:
* It is sparsely furnished compared to the last few houses we've done.
* The floor seems structurally sound.
* There is very little furniture at all in the back apartment.
* It's an open layout with French doors in the front, so it will be very easy to nagivate around and bring stuff out.
The more challenging news:
* The folks that Morwen bought the house from were very paranoid and so all the windows are sealed with bulletproof plexiglass under bars, so it will require power tools with special square bits to be able to remove the bars and plexiglass to get some air in there. I might try to go over there tomorrow some time to try to get a jump on that if anybody wants to join me.
* The kitchen ceiling has collapsed due to water so we will need to clear out the soggy ceiling boards and insulation to be able to get to the appliances.
* There is a FEMA trailer between the front door and the place where we most likely want to build our debris pile, so we will have to go the long way around with the wheelbarrows.
Arabi Wrecking Krewe has agreed to loan us their equipment and even possibly a few volunteers, but if you signed up to bring anything, please bring it anyway just in case.